The location tracking technological system is vastly advancing. Smart trackers are being introduced into the market in a variety of shapes, sizes, as well as features. If you intend to get yourself one device to protect your pets or items, which one should you go for? Is it a wallet tracker? Let us look analyze Bluetooth trackers vs. GPS trackers.
Bluetooth Trackers vs. GPS Trackers-Which Is Better
Bluetooth tracker devices have been on the current market for a couple of years. As we have discussed in our previous series of trackers, if you lose your keys or any other items often, this is the perfect solution for you. The little devices are usually mistaken for famous GPS tracking devices. However, they barely use GPS.
If you are not within the range, if your dog chases an animal into the town center, then with a Bluetooth tracker, you shall be out of luck! A Bluetooth tracker communicates with you as long as you can gain access to the system. It becomes more powerful, particularly if you have two more tags. In case you have only one tag, then you can use it to locate the primary device-in this case, it should be your phone. It is pretty unusual to lose some items such as keys and sunglasses instantly. One of the most useful features of your Bluetooth locator is the fact that it warns you via a notification on the phone if the object is left behind.
If you decide to set up a network tag on your keys or any other personal items, you would be in a position to find the items. Other devices synced with your labels need to allow your family to locate the lost keys in a good time.
Here are additional pros of using Bluetooth trackers:
- Bluetooth trackers are cheap- the prices range from $5-$40 with up to no extra fees monthly.
- Bluetooth trackers come in a small design. Some look like a credit card. The idea behind the design is that they can easily keep track of your items without the addition of extra bulk to the daily necessities.
As with any other device on the market yet again, Bluetooth trackers have their drawbacks. You would need to buy several tags for the product to be relevant. This is expensive. Also, it operates in a lower area as compared to a GPS tracker. It also has a maximum range of up to 200 feet. This entirely depends on the strength of your Bluetooth signal between the tracker as well as your device. Therefore, a Bluetooth tracker is perfect when locating objects lost in your house. Now let us look at GPS trackers.
On the other hand, GPS trackers are designed to operate within an unlimited range. They can quickly help you to track the location of the object you are looking for where the signal is available. The tracking device of a GPS can like with up to 5 different satellites to be in a position to calculate the real-time location.
GPS trackers have many advantages.
Let us look at the main ones to look into when purchasing the product.
- GPS trackers often maintain a constant connection. They can, therefore, provide a reliable, updated location at any given time.
- A GPS tracker allows you to easily set up many areas where you can receive a notification regarding your tracker’s activity via geofences. That said, if the item goes out of the range of the geofence, then you shall be alerted via email.
- Additionally, your loved ones can easily send an SOS original bearing their exact location. This should be coupled with regular updates in the case of an emergency.
- GPS trackers are expensive when compared to Bluetooth trackers. They also have a monthly subscription cost that varies depending on your coverage need.
- GPS trackers also have significant power consumption. Most are rechargeable and can last up to three days. It, however, depends on your choice of model.
- GPS trackers are slightly bulkier in size. With the rise in technological options, more space is required to accommodate everything.
Bluetooth trackers are way cheaper than GPS trackers. They also promise to help you keep your stuff safer than you may have expected. They are popular. However, the fact that they cannot replace the GPS trackers if you want to secure your invaluable items such as a car, your travel bag, or a drone makes them a slightly viable option for many customers who want to track their items.